Lets cut to the chase! I am looking for work!
Hi, I’m Gary Sidaway is a very experienced Administrator from London.
For the last two years, up until April last year, I was a Front-Line Support officer, working for the National Policing Improvement Agency on their busy “Information Help-Desk”, gathering, and disseminating large amounts of data in relation to e-mail, and telephone inquiries on a daily basis from the ‘police’ and’ general public’. I have given a brief run-down of my duties below:
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for technical Information in person, via phone, and -mail.
- Diagnose and resolve technical Information issues.
- Research questions using available information on-line Internet, Intranet and Extra-net resources.
- Advise user with the appropriate Information and action.
- Follow standard help desk procedures in relation to SLA’s.
- Log all help desk interactions on to Call Handling Software.
- Administer help desk telephones and Support Management software.
- Redirect certain inquiries to appropriate internal resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Education and Experience
- Working knowledge of fundamental help-desk operations.
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications.
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices.
- Related experience and training.
- Oral and written communication skills
- Learning skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Problem analysis.
- Planning and Organizing.
- Attention to detail.
- Stress tolerance.
The above are my experience and skills over the last two years. Over the whole of my career I amassed plenty of public service experience spanning seventeen years, dealing with customers, and stakeholders and capable of communicating at all staffing levels, with added experience in dealing with senior civil servants, all within a large diverse working environment.
I am available for work immediately to those organisations looking for an administrator who is both adept and adaptable.